Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bruno The Magnficent - Adopted January 2010

I adopted my beautiful Bruno on January 2, 2010 and he has been a true joy ever since. He fits in perfectly with my personality. He is a calm, laid-back, easy-going fellow which suits me just fine. I was looking for a laid-back Boston when I found him and boy did I get a LAID-BACK dog! I'm am about 99.9% sure that he is half English Bulldog which, I think, accounts for the lack of energy.

Anyway, he has been such a wonderful guy to have around. I have gotten to know my neighbors much better since we go on several walks a day. He also had an adopted Grandmother and Grandfather on the East and West sides of my neighborhood (They both claimed him as soon as they met him!)! I don't know if he lived with an older person before he was found as a stray, but he really seems to take to older people. That works out perfectly for me since I work in the Senior Care market. I have taken him to meet a couple of my clients as well as to a couple of nursing home functions (see him playing Bingo below, he won a prize by the way!)

His name when I adopted him was "Jethro", but I thought he looked like he would be a big Italian Guy if he was a human, so I renamed him "Bruno". Everyone who meets him seems to think his name suits him perfectly! He is great with other dogs and doesn't seem to mind cats, but if there is a squirrel or a bird around, watch out! Those are the only to things that can make him run from my experience so far.

Our first "anniversary" is right around the corner. I thank God every day for allowing giving me such a beautiful blessing. I can't imagine a better dog. He is practically perfect! I am so thankful to the Midwest Boston Terrier Group for saving him and allowing me to become his new mom! I believe he would say the same about me if he could talk. Actually, he says it everyday with his sweet, loving personality:-)

N. Boggs

No comments:

Post a Comment