Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Buster Boy

Buster AKA Popeye was a story that was meant to be. Several months before adopting him we lost our vibrant young Boston, also named Buster, to a tragic and freak anesthesia complication during routine dental care.

Needless to say he meant the world to us and we were completely and absolutely devastated; he traveled across the country with us and we experienced so much in our short time together; he was only 2 years old, he was our life. When we lost him we didn't know what to do; there was no replacing him or the hole in our hearts. We don't have children so the house was very empty and solemn.

After some time had passed, we realized how grateful and fulfilled we were to have him in our lives. It was at that very moment we decided to adopt a rescue BT. Perusing the MWBT site we came across the most handsome boy named, you guessed it, Buster.

At first we felt "Is this for real?" "Could we or should we adopt a dog with the same name as our deceased?" Family and friends gave mixed signals regarding the name but we ultimately decided: WE MUST HAVE HIM and one week later he was in our home. We are now beginning our foster family life and are ready to have a playmate around for our boy.

Our Buster is the most precious, loving, snuggly, sporty, smart, silly, handsome creature who we believe was put on this planet to be with us and us with him. It was all meant to be..
.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love this this story. When I decided to adopt from MWBT, I was looking around the site and came across Spike. I too thought, "Is it a sign?" My former dog, who passed several years ago, was also named Spike. I knew I had to check him out and I was prepared to drive anywhere in the Midwest to do so. Imagine my surprise when the adoption folks told me that he was being fostered less than 2 miles from where I live. I knew, even before meeting Spike, that it was probably going to be the perfect match. Now two years later, "Spike the Clown" entertains my entire family, friends and patrons at the local watering hole. It was all meant to be!

    ReplyDelete