Sunday, April 10, 2011

My baby girl!!

I really dont know how things in life just happen but when and if they do there always is areason for everything. In this case, it was the best thing that could of happened to our little family.

August of 2010, my Stella beanie baby whos original name was Shotzie came into my life kinda quickly and unplanned. I work with Cheryl, one of the MWBTR devoted volenteers and sweetest foster mommy any boston could want. I love dogs all kinds and am always asking cheryl whats going on with the rescue and what they had brought into the rescue and if she was getting any fosters. Oddly enough last August, Cheryl was telling me about a sad case about a female dog named shotzie about 8 years old who was terribly abused and was surrendered to the rescue with an eyesocket wide open with no eye and no explanation and no medical attention to it. The owners wanted to trade this poor baby for a new younger boston. Without thought I looked at cheryl and said " I want her" I had not even talked to my boyfriend to see if it was ok to bring another dog into the house (LOL). But knowing that my 80lb loveable bulldog would have no problem I was determined. Cherly went right to the rescue about her and me adopting her, but I had to wait a little while, My little Stella Bean had to go through eye surgery and have some of her wounds on her neck cleared up.

About 2 weeks after all that and filling out adoption paperwork, I recieved notice that Stella was mine and that I was able to pick her up before her stiches came out or if I wanted to wait till she was healed. I wanted her right then and there and picked her up. I did not care that I was going to have to nurse this poor sweetheart back to good health. When I pulled up and Stella and Cherly were waiting for me, I just started to cry so hard. I was crying happy tears and tears of sadness for what this poor baby had been through but when I approched her she was the sweetest most gentle liovable little thing, that you would never know had any harm ever done to her other then her appearence. I think I cried the rest of the night that day into the next. Bringing her home was no problem. She was nervous and confused but my bully whos name is Cheese was so excited to have a sister and someone he could be with while we went to work. They were perfect for each other and are best of friends. They never are more then a foot away from one another. The first thing I did was change Shotzies name to Stella..and Beanie baby just came later as her nick name..She answers to stella and bean all the time. She does not remember her old name, I wanted her to not remember anything about her past. From that day on and forward Stella was only going to know what a good life is and what love is all about.

I have to say, I really didnt know how hard the next couple months were going to be. Stella had terrible eating and drinking water issues. I had to sit and hand feed her and try everything in the world to get her to have water. I thought raising a puppy was hard, but that seriously is nothing compared to trying to make an older dog who only feared her life before she met us, understand that we would never hurt her.

Now, it is April of 2011 we have had stella for 7 months , and she is such a sweet loveable little baby. She lives for us. Alwasy cuddles with us and lives the life she deserves. To date, we have finally got dinner down to a science and her and her brother enjoy dinner together and Stella drinks water out of her bowl whenever she wants without any fear. Stella had to undergo another surgery on her eye, but having it redone was a good thing because it looks alot better and I was able to have her teeth cleaned while she was put under. She is beautiful and to be honest, you can not tell she has only one eye. I forget all the time she has one eye. Im so happy with her and just love her so much. Adopting her was the BEST thing I have ever done and the most rewarding. I since then become a volenteer myself, and want to do what ever I can as far as donations with the rescue and other rescues because they do such a great thing everyday. Thank you MWBTR for bringing my little stella into my life. She really makes us smile everyday. And her brother cheese wouldnt know life without her anymore and she knows that.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment